Find the Right Wills & Trusts Lawyer Now

Estate matters can be complex, and most people don't know how to fully manage their affairs on their own. Wills and trusts attorneys can be very helpful for persons seeking to manage their estate. Experienced wills and trusts attorneys can help with matters such as drafting documents, and estate management/administration.

LegalMatch Law Library Managing Editor, , Attorney at Law

A trust is created when a person needs to transfer their property to a trustee, who will hold the property until the proper time for distribution. An example of a trust is a charitable trust, which is basically an account where funds are held for distribution to a charity.

Likewise, a will is created for the purpose of distributing property upon the owner's death. Will documents contain important information, such as a listing of all the property, and the names of persons who will receive the property distributions.

In order to be valid, both wills and trusts must meet the requirements outlined by state law. If a person doesn't have a valid will in place at the time of death, it is known as "intestacy"- this is undesirable, and can lead to confusion over the distribution of property.

It can also happen that a person becomes unable to manage their own estate due to illness or incapacity. In such cases a lawyer can help with estate administration. This includes such activities as investing funds so that they grow, and helping to manage real property. A lawyer can help also you approve an administrator before any incapacity occurs.

Having a lawyer on your side can make all the difference when it comes to working with trusts or wills. Lawyers don't just provide services after a dispute has arisen- working with a lawyer beforehand can actually prevent disputes, especially those over property distribution. Being prepared early on in life can help you and your family in the long run.

Show Wills & Trusts Attorneys in US States

Find the Right Lawyer Now

Need a Lawyer?

No obligation - Lawyers compete for your case. Choose your issue & get started now: